The Innovation Village
Position: Program Management Office (PMO) Lead
Department: Programs Management Office
Employment Type: 3-year Contract, Renewable
Reports to: Team Lead
ABOUT THE INNOVATION VILLAGE
The Innovation Village is Uganda’s Launchpad for leading Innovators and entrepreneurs. We are building an entire ecosystem of entrepreneurs and innovators in what is growing to become a business solutions provider for our biggest challenges or opportunities. From helping entrepreneurs launch and grow high-impact ventures to attracting regional and global opportunities, our ecosystem approach converges multiple partners including public, private, academia, research and civil society as one force for good.
Collectively, we are a convergence of Network, Talent, Capital and Physical Assets leading Uganda and the region into the 4th Industrial revolution. Our core strategy is designed to support economic growth and job creation in Africa in a commercially sustainable way, with the vision of deepening the application of technology in social-economic transformation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Program Management Office (PMO) Lead sits at the epicentre of every project and or program we take on. From project pitches on potential new business to the day-to-day management of resources and the eventual delivery and deployment of client assets, this role will work with the internal e teams, Partners and stakeholders to help bring project visions to life.
The goal of the PMO is to catalyse learning and evidence-based decision-making across programs and within our networks of project stakeholders.
To provide leadership and management of TIV programs including the development of project designs and plans, capacity building and facilitate the implementation of project/program interventions in a manner that empowers target beneficiaries and partners in the designated implementation areas in line with the programs department’s performance standards.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Leadership and strategy
- Overall responsibility for Program Management and Implementation activities across the business
- Create and implement best practice program management vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve TIV’s Programs performance
- Liaise with the Team Lead to make decisions for Program activities and set strategic goals
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Ensure that programme management strategies and processes are in place to meet PMO objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the Programs teams and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the programme management policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative program management processes
- Determine, set and deliver goals and objectives for the PMO within the Business Planning Process in line with the TIV’s Purpose, strategic aims and aspirations.
- Build and lead the Program Management function/capability, including implementation of a system or tool to facilitate management of multiple projects of varied sizes
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Ensure effective recruiting, on boarding, professional development, performance management, and retention of Programs Staff
- Overseeing the continual recruiting, hiring, and on boarding of a growing team, as well as ongoing training and career development of all team members.
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Communicate with Senior Leadership Team on programme status, risks and issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Ensure regular and timely communication between program team members
- Review, implement and update records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
- Manage procurement process and coordinate material and resource allocation in the PMO
- Revise and / or formulate Programs SOPS and promote their implementation
- Ensuring that the Innovation Village runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Ensure compliance to all program deliverables, oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation framework
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of procedures according to the Innovation Villages objectives and apply improvements.
Financial Budget and Control
- Produce and monitor budgets for all programs under the PMO, taking responsibility for achieving budget and forecast.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote sustainability.
- Design and implement Program Stakeholder management strategies and framework.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with TIV engagement standards.
- Work with the different teams to plan and monitor day to day running of the Programs Team to ensure smooth progress
- Build strong working relationships with TIV Program Partners and stakeholders
- Attend Partner-facing engagements on behalf of TIV.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients and stakeholders
- At least 7 years work experience with a minimum 5 years in program management of programs in an international NGO or similar organization
- Experience of planning, budgeting and executing complex strategies
- Track record of successfully managing multiple large-scale projects
- Commercially and financially astute
- Previous experience of managing a department/team
- Experience in Managing Multiple programs
- You communicate effectively locally and internationally to a variety of stakeholders
- You thrive in and can help others manage and learn from uncertainty and setbacks
- Self- starter that’s excited to work in a fast paced, start up environment
- You have managed budgets before and you have an eye for budget variance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/IT/Project management,
- Master’s Degree in Project Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
- Project Management qualification e.g., PRINCE2
- Practicing gender and cultural diversity, influencing individuals and groups, Learning for growth and development, Communicating information effectively Demonstrable experience in all phases of project management, Demonstrable experience in monitoring budgets, Proven team and personnel management experience
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your application by 15th August 2022
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.